100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Koonce was first found in Bohemia and Silesia
, where the name was an integral part of the feudal
society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koonce research. Another 271 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Koonce History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Koonce Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koonce Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Daniel Koonce, who landed in Texas in 1830
- Elijah Koonce, who arrived in Texas in 1830
Koonce Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Daniel Koonce, aged 25, who settled in America, in 1922
- George Koonce (b. 1968), American former NFL linebacker
- Russell Koonce, American visual effects specialist, known for his work on Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace (1999), Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith (2005) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Ken Koonce, American Primetime Emmy Award winning writer, known for his work on DuckTales (1987), The Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper (1996) and Dino Babies (1994)
- Brett Koonce, American filmmaker
- Graham Clinton Koonce (b. 1975), American retired Major League Baseball first baseman
- Calvin "Cal" Lee Koonce (1940-1993), American Major League Baseball pitcher for the New York Mets, Boston Red Sox, and Chicago Cubs
- Kaye Lingle Koonce, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Carolina, 1996, 2000; Member, Credentials Committee, 2008
- George Koonce, American politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Jefferson County, 1865-67; Member of West Virginia State Senate 11th District, 1870-71
- Elijah M. Koonce (b. 1857), American Democrat politician, Member of North Carolina State House of Representatives from Onslow County, 1905-14; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from North Carolina, 1908
- Calvin Koonce, American politician, Member of North Carolina State Senate 14th District, 1866-67
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
The Koonce Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Koonce Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2016 at 08:43.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!