Koonce History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Koonce family
The surname Koonce was first found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
Early History of the Koonce family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koonce research. Another 136 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Koonce History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koonce Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
Early Notables of the Koonce family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Koonce Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Koonce is the 3,540th most popular surname with an estimated 7,461 people with that name. 
Koonce migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koonce Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Daniel Koonce, who landed in Texas in 1830 
- Elijah Koonce, who arrived in Texas in 1830 
Koonce Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Daniel Koonce, aged 25, who settled in America, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name Koonce (post 1700) +
- George Koonce (b. 1968), American former NFL linebacker
- Russell Koonce, American visual effects specialist, known for his work on Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace (1999), Star Wars: Episode III-Revenge of the Sith (2005) and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Ken Koonce, American Primetime Emmy Award winning writer, known for his work on DuckTales (1987), The Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper (1996) and Dino Babies (1994)
- Brett Koonce, American filmmaker
- Graham Clinton Koonce (b. 1975), American retired Major League Baseball first baseman
- Calvin "Cal" Lee Koonce (1940-1993), American Major League Baseball pitcher for the New York Mets, Boston Red Sox, and Chicago Cubs
- Kaye Lingle Koonce, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Carolina, 1996, 2000; Member, Credentials Committee, 2008 
- George Koonce, American politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Jefferson County, 1865-67; Member of West Virginia State Senate 11th District, 1870-71 
- Elijah M. Koonce (b. 1857), American Democratic Party politician, Member of North Carolina State House of Representatives from Onslow County, 1905-14; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from North Carolina, 1908 
- Calvin Koonce, American politician, Member of North Carolina State Senate 14th District, 1866-67 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html