on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Koonce family come from? What is the German Koonce family crest and coat of arms? When did the Koonce family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Koonce family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
First found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koonce research. Another 271 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Koonce History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Koonce Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koonce Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Daniel Koonce, who landed in Texas in 1830
- Elijah Koonce, who arrived in Texas in 1830
Koonce Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Daniel Koonce, aged 25, who settled in America, in 1922
- Brett Koonce, American filmmaker
- Graham Clinton Koonce (b. 1975), American retired Major League Baseball first baseman
- George Koonce (b. 1968), American retired NFL linebacker
- Calvin "Cal" Lee Koonce (1940-1993), American Major League Baseball pitcher for the New York Mets, Boston Red Sox, and Chicago Cubs
- Kaye Lingle Koonce, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from South Carolina, 1996, 2000; Member, Credentials Committee, 2008
- George Koonce, American politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Jefferson County, 1865-67; Member of West Virginia State Senate 11th District, 1870-71
- Elijah M. Koonce (b. 1857), American Democrat politician, Member of North Carolina State House of Representatives from Onslow County, 1905-14; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from North Carolina, 1908
- Calvin Koonce, American politician, Member of North Carolina State Senate 14th District, 1866-67
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Koonce Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Koonce Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 January 2016 at 12:57.
on orders of $85 or more