on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Koon family come from? What is the German Koon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Koon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Koon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunze, Kunz, Kunzel, Kuenz, Kuenze, Kuenzel, Cuntz, Kuntz, Kuntze, Kuntzel, Kuentz, Kunts, Kundt, Kuent, Kunth, Kunt, Kuhnt, Kuehnt, Kuntse, Kuntsel, Kunstler, Kuents, Kuentse, Cuncze and many more.
First found in Bohemia and Silesia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Cuntz der Kuentzel of Kempten (West of Frankfurt) who lived around 1382, and Cuncze von Cracow who lived in Liegnitz, Silesia in 1388.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koon research. Another 271 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1701, 1767, 1792, 1839 and 1894 are included under the topic Early Koon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Koon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Abraham Koon, aged 50, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Anna Crete Koon, aged 11, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Cathrina Koon, aged 24, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Eve Koon, aged 59, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Frederick Koon, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1733
Koon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F Koon, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850
- Jeffrey "Jeff" Koon (b. 1955), American artist
- David R. Koon (b. 1947), American Democratic politician
- Darrell John Koon (b. 1924), American painter
- Robert Koon, American professor of Philosophy at the University of Texas
- Larry Koon, well known American published author,and antiques newspaper columnist
- Ella Koon, Hong Kong-based Cantopop singer, actress and model
- Benjamin Koon (b. 1986), cross-country skier from New Zealand
- Matthew Koon (b. 1993), English stage actor and dancer
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
The Koon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Koon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 January 2013 at 20:03.
on orders of $85 or more