on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Klitzke family come from? What is the German Klitzke family crest and coat of arms? When did the Klitzke family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Klitzke family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Klitch, Klitsch, Klitzsch, Klisch, Klich, Kliche, Klitsche, Klicher, Klischer, Klitscher, Klitcher, Klischat, Kliesch, Klietsch, Kliescher and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the family was established in 1456.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Klitzke research. Another 164 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1729, 1799, 1826, 1841, 1854, and 1868 are included under the topic Early Klitzke History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 39 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Klitzke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Klitzke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Karl Klitzke, aged 43, who landed in America, in 1894
Klitzke Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ernst Klitzke, aged 36, who landed in America from Braustmeig, in 1904
- Hermann Klitzke, aged 6, who emigrated to the United States from Charlottenhof, Germany, in 1909
- Luise Klitzke, aged 50, who settled in America, in 1909
- Wilhelmine Klitzke, aged 66, who landed in America from Charlottenhof, Germany, in 1909
- Carl Klitzke, aged 60, who emigrated to America from Charlottenhof, Germany, in 1909
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
The Klitzke Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Klitzke Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 December 2015 at 23:35.
on orders of $85 or more