Kittel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Kittel family
The surname Kittel was first found in Silesia where the family became noted for its many branches within the region, many houses acquiring a status and influence which rivaled that of the landed aristocracy. In their later history some branches were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they distinguished themselves through their contributions to the social, political, and economic developments of the nation. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include.
Early History of the Kittel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kittel research. Another 82 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1603, 1639, 1640 and 1680 are included under the topic Early Kittel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kittel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kittel, Kittell, Kytell, Kytel, Kitliez, Kittlitz, Kittelman, Kittelmann and many more.
Early Notables of the Kittel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kittel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Kittel is the 18,621st most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Kittel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kittel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Kittel, his wife and two chidren arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754
- Hans Jerg Kittel, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1754 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kittel (post 1700) +
- Frederick August Kittel (1945-2005), American playwright, who went by the name August Wilson
- Otto Kittel, German fighter pilot and flying ace in the Luftwaffe, during World War II, credited with 267 aerial victories, awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
- Rudolf Kittel (1853-1929), German Old Testament scholar
- Hauptmann Otto "Bruno" Kittel (1917-1945), German World War II Flying ace pilot
- Johann Christian Kittel (1732-1809), German composer
- Emmy Kittel (1878-1930), Czech operatic soprano
- Kittel Halvorson (1846-1936), Norway-born, U.S. Representative from Minnesota
- Kittel Halvorson (1846-1936), American politician, Member of Minnesota State House of Representatives, 1886; U.S. Representative from Minnesota 5th District, 1891-93 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html