Kahle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname Kahle is a nickname surname; it is derived from a nickname given to the original bearer. A broad and miscellaneous class of surnames, nickname surnames referred to a characteristic of the first person who used the name. They can describe the bearer's favored style of clothing, appearance, habits, or character. In this case, the nickname is derived from the German word "kahl," which means "bald."
Early Origins of the Kahle family
The surname Kahle was first found in Lusatia, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The family founded numerous branches, many of which acquired manors and estates in surrounding regions, where they contributed to the prosperity of their society. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles of Silesia include Nickel Kaler of Glatz (c.1384,) and Frenczel Kaler of Goerlitz (c.1434).
Early History of the Kahle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kahle research. Another 216 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1786, 1775, 1792, 1812, 1813, 1837, 1779 and 1815 are included under the topic Early Kahle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kahle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kahl, Kahle, Kahler, Kahlen, Kahlert, Kahlere, Kahll, Kahller, Kal, Kall, Kale, Kaler, Kaller, Cal, Cahl, Cahle, Cahler and many more.
Early Notables of the Kahle family (pre 1700)
Notables of the period with the surname Kahle were Conrad Christian Kahle, who held the powerful position of Privy Councillor for War and Defence at the Kurmark Chamber in Prussia.
Leonard de Call, born in 1779; a guitar player and composer of harmonious and pretty part songs, which were greatly...
Another 49 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kahle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Kahle is the 8,564th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Kahle migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kahle Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Friedrich Kahle, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1753
- Adam Kahle, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765 
- Peter Kahle, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1767 
Kahle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinrich G Kahle, aged 44, who landed in Missouri in 1840 
- Frederike Kahle, who settled in Texas in 1846
- Carl Kahle, who landed in Texas in 1846 aboard the ship "Margaretha" 
- Friedericke Kahle, who arrived in Texas in 1846 
- Johann Andreas Gottlob Kahle, who arrived in America in 1854 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Kahle (post 1700) ||+|
- Alvin Kahle (1909-1986), former American Republican member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Robert Wayne Kahle (1915-1988), American former Major League Baseball player
- Manon Kahle (b. 1980), American actress
- Danielle Kahle (b. 1989), American figure skater and US National Champion at the novice level in 2002
- Brewster Kahle (b. 1960), American computer engineer, Internet entrepreneur, activist, and digital librarian
- Johann Justus Kahle (1668-1731), German organist and composer
- Feldwebel Willy Kahle, German World War I flying ace credited with six aerial victories
- Paul Ernst Kahle (1875-1964), German orientalist and scholar
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)