Junniuss History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Junniuss family
The surname Junniuss was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. Seat of one of the oldest families is Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province. including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Junniuss family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Junniuss research. Another 81 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1843, 1606, 1655, 1629, 1643, 1589, 1677, 1589, 1545, 1602 and 1592 are included under the topic Early Junniuss History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Junniuss Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Junius, Junnius, Junnius, Juniuse, Juniuses, Junniuse, Junniuses, Juniuss, Junniuss, van Junius and many more.
Early Notables of the Junniuss family (pre 1700)
From this era of Dutch history, those of this who distinguished themselves included Robert Junius (Robertus Junius) (1606-1655), a Dutch Reformed Church missionary to Taiwan from 1629-1643.
Francis Junius or Francois Du Jon the Younger (1589-1677), philologist and antiquary, born at Heidelberg in 1589, was the...
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Junniuss Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Junniuss family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: George Junius, who settled in Virginia in 1698.