Jodoin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Jodoin, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Jodoin, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful Ile de France region. In France, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.The Jodoin family originally derived its surname from the name of the place in Ile-de-France.
Early Origins of the Jodoin family
The surname Jodoin was first found in Ile-de-France, where the family held a family seat since early times.
Early History of the Jodoin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jodoin research. Another 80 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1532, 1573, 1715, and 1761 are included under the topic Early Jodoin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jodoin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jodeau, Jodelet, Jodin, Jodoin, Jodouin, Jodot, Joudon, Joudou, Jaudeau, Jaudelet, Jaudin, Jaudoin, Jaudot, Jaudon, Jaudou, Jodel, Jodelle, Jaudel, Jaudelle, Jodier, Jaudier and many more.
Early Notables of the Jodoin family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Jodoin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Jodoin family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Claude Jodouin, who married Anne Thomas in Montreal in 1666; Marie Jodon, who married André Barbeau called Laforest in Quebec City in 1669; Jacques Jodouin, who married Marie-Jeanne Regindeau in 1709 in Varennes.
Contemporary Notables of the name Jodoin (post 1700) +
- Ulderic E. Jodoin (1902-1953), American politician, Warden (Borough President) of Jewett City, Connecticut, 1950 
- Raymond J. Jodoin, American Democratic Party politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Sprague; Elected 1906, 1908, 1918; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Connecticut, 1924 
- Marianna Beauchamp Jodoin (1881-1980), Canadian Liberal party member of the Senate of Canada
- Jean-Baptiste Jodoin (1809-1884), Canadian farmer and political figure in Quebec
- Amable Jodoin (1828-1880), Canadian businessman and political figure in Quebec
- René Jodoin, Canadian animation director and producer
- Clément Jodoin, retired Canadian ice hockey player
- Maurice Jodoin C.F.A., Canadian vice-chairman of McNeil Mantha Inc., Montreal
- Guy Jodoin, famous Quebec comedian
- Claude Jodoin (1913-1975), Canadian trade unionist and politician, first president of the Canadian Labour Congress (1956-1966)
Related Stories +