100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Jeske family come from? What is the German Jeske family crest and coat of arms? When did the Jeske family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Jeske family history?The roots of the distinguished surname Jeske lie in the East German region of Saxony. The name is a Slavic-German short form of the personal name Johannes, and means "son of Jeske."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jeschke, Jeske, Jesske, Jesskes, Jesko, Jescho, Jess, Jesse, Jesek, Jaschke, Jesche, Jäsche, Jaschek, Jasche and many more.
First found in East Germany, particularly Saxony and Silesia, where the diminutive "Jeske" was a common first name during the 14th century. It is likely that Jeske was first used as a surname in this region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jeske research. Another 197 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1373, 1761, 1828 and 1789 are included under the topic Early Jeske History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Jeske Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Jeske Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andreas Jeske, aged 15, arrived in New York, NY in 1849
Jeske Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carl Jeske, aged 9, landed in New York, NY in 1901
- Edward Jeske, aged 4, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Justina Jeske, aged 19, landed in America in 1901
- Magdalena Jeske, aged 7, arrived in New York, NY in 1901
- Maria Jeske, aged 16, landed in New York, NY in 1901
Jeske Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Ferdinand Jeske, aged 18, landed in Quebec in 1868
Jeske Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Immanuel Jeske, aged 17, arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Karl Jeske, aged 52, arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Katharina Jeske, aged 25, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Louise Jeske, aged 46, arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Lydia Jeske, aged 19, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- George Jeske (1891-1951), American screenwriter, director and actor, best known as one of the original Keystone Kops
- Susan Jeske, the first Ms. America and is President of Ms. America Pageant
- Ludmila Jeske (1849-1898), Polish singer and composer
- Teodor Jeske (1854-1920), Polish intellectual, writer and historian and literature critic
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
The Jeske Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Jeske Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 November 2014 at 13:36.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!