Jeannette History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Jeannette family
The surname Jeannette was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dijonnais and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Important Dates for the Jeannette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jeannette research. Another 63 words (4 lines of text) covering the year 1578 is included under the topic Early Jeannette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jeannette Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jennelle, Jeannel, Jeanelle, Jenelle, Jeannin, Jeannet, Jeanneau, Jeannetin, Jennet and many more.
Early Notables of the Jeannette family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Jeannette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Jeannette family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Andrew Jennet, who came to Virginia sometime between 1665 and 1666; Thomas Jeannel, who came to Louisiana in 1720; Auguste Jeannin, who settled in Philadelphia in 1817.
Contemporary Notables of the name Jeannette (post 1700)
- Gertrude Hadley Jeannette (1914-2018), African-American film and stage actress from Urbana, Arkansas who lived to be 103 years old
- Frank E. Jeannette, American politician, Circuit Judge in Michigan 16th Circuit, 1967-78; Defeated, 1956 
- Amanda Jeannette Detmer (b. 1971), American actress, known for Final Destination (2000), You, Me and Dupree (2006) and Big Fat Liar (2002)
- Mildred Jeannette Dolson (1918-2004), Canadian bronze medalist athlete who competed at the 1936 Summer Olympics
- Ms. Jeannette Lynne Pritchard M.B.E.,, British Founder and Chair for Brand Amplifier, was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire on 8th June 2018, for services to Business and Entrepreneurship 
- Jeannette "Jeany" Spark (b. 1982), English actress, best known for portraying Linda Wallander in the British television series Wallander
- Jeannette Hernandez, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1996 
- Jeannette Leonard Gilder (1849-1916), American pioneer for women in journalism
- Jeannette C. Hayner (1919-2010), American politician, the first woman to be the Majority Leader in the Washington State Senate
- Jeannette Pennings (b. 1977), Dutch bobsledder and track and field athlete
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62310, 4 July 2019 | London Gazette, The Gazette, June 2018, https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/62310/supplement/B1
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, May 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html