Janda History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Janda family
The surname Janda was first found in Silesia
in East Prussia
, where the name Jindra came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status. They branched to Czechoslovakia.
Early History of the Janda family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Janda research.Another 243 words (17 lines of text) covering the year 1658 is included under the topic Early Janda History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Janda Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Jindra, Jinda, Jina, Jena, Jendra, Jenda, Jene and others.
Early Notables of the Janda family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Janda Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Janda family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Janda Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alzbeta Janda, who settled in New York, NY in 1881
Janda Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Andrew Janda, aged 26, who arrived in Quebec in 1868
Contemporary Notables of the name Janda (post 1700)
- Kim D. Janda (b. 1957), American chemist, Chaired Professor in the Departments of Chemistry and Immunology at The Scripps Research Institute, recipient of the NIH First Award (1990), Sloan Fellowship (1993) and the Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award (1999)
- Ludwig Janda (1919-1981), German footballer who played from 1936 to 1954 and as a manager from 1954 to 1962
- Frantisek Janda (1878-1955), Bohemian Olympian who won a silver medal for discus throw at the 1900 games
- Petr Janda (b. 1987), Czech football player
- Pavel Janda (b. 1976), Czech silver medalist slalom canoer at the 1996 Summer Olympics
Janda Family Crest Products