Jacquot History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Jacquot family
The surname Jacquot was first found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor.
The family were well established in this region and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived. They were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility. Many distinguished branches of this family emerged over the centuries.
Early History of the Jacquot family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jacquot research. Another 101 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1537 and 1813 are included under the topic Early Jacquot History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jacquot Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jacquet, Jaquet, Jaquinet, Jacquinet, Jaquot, Jacquin, Jacquot, Jaquinett and many more.
Early Notables of the Jacquot family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Jacquot Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jacquot migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Jacquot Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Nicholas Jacquot, who landed in New York in 1835 
Contemporary Notables of the name Jacquot (post 1700) +
- Joseph W. Jacquot, American lawyer and politician, Deputy Attorney General of the State of Florida (2007-2011)
- René Jacquot (b. 1961), French former professional boxer, WBC Light Middleweight Champion in 1989
- Georges Jacquot (1794-1874), French race car driver, winner of the Grand Prix de Rome in 1820
- Benoît Jacquot (b. 1947), French film director and screenwriter
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)