Jacober History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Jacober family
The surname Jacober was first found in Silesia, where the name was an integral part of a feudal society which would shape modern European history. Many prominent branches of the family would strive to make this name renowned as they contributed to the social, economic and political affairs of the region. In the Middle Ages, the name referred back to the Apostel Jacobus, whose grave in Spain was a popular goal for pilgrimage. These pilgrims from Germany became known as "Jacobsbrueder" (Jacobs-brothers).
Important Dates for the Jacober family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jacober research. Another 175 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1817, 1685, 1734, 1743, 1819, 1740 and 1814 are included under the topic Early Jacober History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jacober Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jacobsen, Jacobson, Jacobs, Jacobse, Jacob, Jacober, Jacobi, Jacobie, Jacoby, Jacobsohn, Jacobssohn, Jakobs, Jakober, Jakobsohn, Jacobsson, Jakobsson, Jakobssohn, Jakobsen, Jakobi, Jakobson, Jakobie and many more.
Early Notables of the Jacober family (pre 1700)
Notables of the period with the surname Jacober were Gunther Jacob (1685-1734), who was a Bohemian composer. A Benedictine monk in Prague, he was known for his 30 masses, four oratorios, and 100 other sacred works. Friedrich Heinrich...
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Jacober Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jacober migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Jacober Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Walburge Jacober, aged 26, who landed in New York in 1854 
- Catharina Jacober, aged 1, who arrived in South Dakota in 1889 
- Catherina Jacober, aged 28, who landed in South Dakota in 1889 
- Elisabeth Jacober, who arrived in South Dakota in 1889 
- Johann Jacober, aged 32, who landed in South Dakota in 1889 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Jacober (post 1700)
- Samantha Jacober, American actress, known for her work on Joshy (2016), Negative Space (2011) and Don't Blink (2014)
- Ron Jacober, American sportscaster and play-by-play announcer for the St. Louis Blues
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)