Iorio History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Iorio family
The surname Iorio was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Iorio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Iorio research. Another 114 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1311, 1650, 1781, 1231, 1312, 1311, 1266, 1273, 1337, 1388, 1388, 1410, 1586 and 1662 are included under the topic Early Iorio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Iorio Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Giorgi, Giorio, Giori, Giuri, Zorzi, Zorzo, Jorio, Iorio, Di Giorgi, Della Zorza, Givrovich, Giorgino, Givrin, Givrico and many more.
Early Notables of the Iorio family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Marino Zorzi (c. 1231-1312), born in Venice, the 50th doge of the Republic of Venice, from August 23, 1311 to his death; Bertolome Zorzi ( fl. 1266-1273), a Venetian nobleman, merchant, and troubadour...
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Iorio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Iorio migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Iorio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Iorio, aged 23, who landed in America from Villa S. Stefano, Italy, in 1907
- Alfonso Iorio, aged 31, who landed in America from Carinola, Italy, in 1910
- Angelo Iorio, aged 29, who landed in America from Bathopiguano, Cempobatto, Italy, in 1911
- Aquello Iorio, aged 18, who immigrated to the United States from Pietradifusi, Avellino, in 1911
- Antonio Iorio, aged 19, who settled in America from Mangliano, Italy, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Iorio (post 1700) +
- Pam Iorio (b. 1959), American politician and author
- Ralph Di Iorio, American Democrat politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Richmond County 2nd District, 1954; Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 15th District, 1956 
- Donato Di Iorio, American politician, Representative from Pennsylvania 4th District, 1938 
- Angelo Iorio (b. 1982), Italian footballer
- Maurizio Iorio (b. 1959), retired Italian professional footballer
- Jessica Salomé di Iorio, Argentine lawyer and football referee
- Joseph Anthony Di Iorio (b. 1982), Australian footballer
- Átila Iório (1921-2002), Brazilian actor
- Ricardo Iorio (b. 1962), Argentine heavy metal musician
Related Stories +