Hutter History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hutter family
The surname Hutter was first found in Austria, where the name Hutter contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Hutter family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hutter research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1797, 1563, 1616, 1500 and 1536 are included under the topic Early Hutter History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hutter Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Huter, Huterr, Hutterr, Hutterer, Huterer and others.
Early Notables of the Hutter family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Hutter were Leonhard Hutter (1563-1616), a committed orthodox Protestant theologian at the University of Wittenberg; he was dubbed 'the second Luther.'
Jakob (or Jacob in English) Hutter (also Huter...
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hutter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Hutter is the 11,208th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Hutter migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hutter Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- James Hutter, who landed in Virginia in 1650 
Hutter Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Martin Hutter, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752 
- Adam Hutter, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1765 
- Michael Hutter, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1796 
Hutter Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andreas Hutter, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1805 
- Gerhard Hutter, who settled in New York city in 1846
- Gerhard Hutter, who arrived in New York in 1846 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Hutter (post 1700) ||+|
- Michael Hutter (b. 1983), American professional wrestler and actor
- Matt Hutter (b. 1971), retired American stock car driver
- Jeffrey Hutter, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Kentucky 3rd District, 1988, 1990 
- H. E. Hutter, American Democratic Party politician, Member of West Virginia Democratic State Executive Committee, 1961 
- Edwin W. Hutter, American Democratic Party politician, Postmaster at Allentown, Pennsylvania, 1836 
- Charles L. Hutter, American politician, Postmaster at Allentown, Pennsylvania, 1814-20 
- Ralf Hütter (b. 1946), German musician and composer best known as the lead singer, keyboardist, founding member and leader of Kraftwerk
- Elias Hutter (1553-1605), German Hebraist
- Marcus Hutter (b. 1967), German computer scientist and professor
- Leonhard Hutter (1563-1616), German Lutheran theologian
- ... (Another 7 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 10) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html