on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Hordern family come from? What is the English Hordern family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hordern family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hordern family history?
The name Hordern, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Hordern, Horden, Hordin, Hordon, Hordeyne, Hordiene, Hordierne, Orden and many more.
First found in Durham, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hordern research. Another 323 words(23 lines of text) covering the years 1050, 1196, 1273, 1273, 1296, 1379 and 1696 are included under the topic Early Hordern History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hordern Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hordern Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Mary Hordern arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Brothers" in 1850
- Sir Michael Murray Hordern (1911-1995), British stage and screen actor knighted in 1983
- Peter M Hordern, member of the British Parliament
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
The Hordern Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hordern Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 July 2013 at 13:40.
on orders of $85 or more