Hohl History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hohl family
The surname Hohl was first found in Austria, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. They held a family seat at Holbeinsberg and became nobles of the Holy Roman Empire in 1612. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Hohl family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hohl research. Another 69 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1787, 1497, 1543, 1497 and 1454 are included under the topic Early Hohl History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hohl Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Holbein, Hohlbein and others.
Early Notables of the Hohl family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Hohl were Hans Holbein (1497-1543), painter, born at Augsburg in Swabia in 1497, was the younger son of Hans Holbein, a painter of that town, and grandson of Michel Holbein, who some time before 1454 came from the neighbouring village of Schonenfeld to settle...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hohl Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Hohl is the 16,497th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Hohl migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hohl Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Mattheus Hohl, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1746 
- Andreas Hohl, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Anna Ursula Hohl, who arrived in America in 1752 
- Balthas Hohl, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- Georg Hohl, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Hohl Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Magdalene Hohl, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803 
- Werner Hohl, who arrived in Texas in 1850-1906 
- Peter Hohl, who arrived in North America in 1856 
- John Hohl, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1865 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hohl (post 1700) +
- Joan Hohl (1935-1980), American author of over 60 romance novels since 1980 under the pseudonyms of Paula Roberts and Amii Lorin
- Daryl Hohl (b. 1946), birth name of Daryl Hall, American singer and songwriter, co-founder and lead vocalist of Hall & Oates, inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2004
- Arthur Hohl (1889-1964), American character actor
- Patrick Hohl, American politician, Supervisor of Hamburg Township, Michigan, 2009 
- George J. Hohl, American politician, Mayor of Fairhaven, Washington, 1901-02 
- Anton Friedrich Hohl (1789-1862), German professor of obstetrics who designed the fetal stethoscope (1834)
- Ludwig Hohl (1904-1980), Swiss author
- David Hohl (b. 1966), Canadian gold, silver and bronze medalist wrestler
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html