Hively History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hively family
The surname Hively was first found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of the Somme and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Hively family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hively research. Another 78 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hively History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hively Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hively, Heilly, Heillet, Helie, Helly, Hevelet, Lively, L'Ively and many more.
Early Notables of the Hively family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hively Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Hively is the 11,368th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Migration of the Hively family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: including many of the name who migrated to the New World from the mid 17th century onward.
Contemporary Notables of the name Hively (post 1700) +
- Jack B Hively (d. 1995), American Feature film and television director
- Janet Hively, American Senior Fellow at the College of Continuing Education at the University of Minnesota
- Bryan Hively, American sculptor
- Lee M Hively Ph.D., American member of Oak Ridge National Laboratory's Senior Research Staff
- Howard D. Hively, American fighter pilot and flying ace in the U.S. Army Air Forces, during World War II, credited with 12 aerial victories
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm