Hittle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hittle family
The surname Hittle was first found in Austria, where the name Hutter contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs.
Early History of the Hittle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hittle research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1797, 1563, 1616, 1500 and 1536 are included under the topic Early Hittle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hittle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Huter, Huterr, Hutterr, Hutterer, Huterer and others.
Early Notables of the Hittle family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Hittle were Leonhard Hutter (1563-1616), a committed orthodox Protestant theologian at the University of Wittenberg; he was dubbed 'the second Luther.'
Jakob (or Jacob in English) Hutter (also Huter...
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hittle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Hittle is the 15,480th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Hittle migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hittle Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Peter Hittle, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1755 
Hittle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Philip Hittle, who landed in New York in 1835 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Hittle (post 1700) ||+|
- Harry Faron Hittle (1886-1957), American Republican politician, Manistee County Prosecuting Attorney, 1919-22; Ingham County Prosecuting Attorney, 1925-26; Member of Michigan State Senate 14th District, 1935-57; Died in office 1957 
- Jon B.E. Hittle (b. 1951), American historian and author, awarded the National Intelligence Exceptional Achievement Medal, the Intelligence Medal of Merit, the Iraq Campaign Medal and the National Defense Service Medal
- Lloyd Eldon "Red" Hittle (1924-2012), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played for the Washington Senators from 1949 to 1950
- Margaret A Hittle (b. 1886), American painter and illustrator
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, November 24) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html