Hert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Hert family
The surname Hert was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. The most important of these branches was that seated at Grabenstadt who were raised to the rank of cavaliers in 1579.
Early History of the Hert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hert research. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1762 and 1813 are included under the topic Early Hert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hert Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hardt, Hart, Hard and others.
Early Notables of the Hert family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Hert migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Hert, aged 20, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1741 
- Jurgen Hert, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1741 
- Christopher Hert, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
Hert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hyman Hert, aged 22, who landed in Texas in 1829 
- Heinr Hert, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849 
- Carl Hert, aged 23, who immigrated to the United States from Schaffhauser, in 1898
Hert Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Isak Hert, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1905
- Ermine Hert, aged 23, who landed in America from Kiew, Russia, in 1907
- Henry Hert, aged 50, who settled in America, in 1908
- Dorotea Hert, aged 36, who immigrated to America from Schwed, Samara, in 1909
- Catherina Hert, aged 5, who landed in America from Alexanderthal, Russia, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Hert (post 1700) ||+|
- Tami Hert, American R&B singer, best known for her single "If You Were Mine" (1998)
- Sallie A. Hert (1863-1948), American Republican politician, Member of Republican National Committee from Kentucky, 1924; Vice-Chair of Republican National Committee, 1932 
- Alvin Tobias Hert (1865-1921), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Kentucky, 1916, 1920 
- Robbe De Hert (b. 1942), English born, Belgian film director from Farnborough, Hampshire
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html