Hendler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
German surnames developed at a time when most of the German provinces were states of the Holy Roman Empire. At first people used only a single name, but as the population grew and people began to travel, they began to find it necessary to take on an additional name to differentiate themselves. Fairly general principles guided the development of hereditary surnames in Germany. Two of the common types of family names found in Germany are patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. The surname Hendler derived from a number of Germanic personal names, such as Heinrich, Hantbert, Hantwin and Handolf.
Early Origins of the Hendler family
The surname Hendler was first found in Silesia, where this family made important contributions toward the development of this district from ancient times. Always prominent in social and political affairs, the family formed alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Important Dates for the Hendler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hendler research. Another 315 words (22 lines of text) covering the years 1310, 1474, 1496, 1550, 1560, 1579, 1591, 1615, 1685, 1697, 1759, and 1819 are included under the topic Early Hendler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hendler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Handel, Haendel, Hendel, Handle, Handele, Handell, Haendle, Haendele, Haendell, Hendle, Hendele, Hendell, Haehndel, Hehndel, Handl, Haendler, Handler and many more.
Early Notables of the Hendler family (pre 1700)
Notables of the period with the surname Hendler were Georg Friedrich Haendel (1685-1759), who was recognized in England and by many in Germany as the greatest composer of his time. Today he is known as one of the two supreme masters of the Baroque era...
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hendler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hendler migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hendler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Moritz Hendler, who settled in Philadelphia in 1860
- James Matthias Hendler, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1868 
- John M Hendler, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1868 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hendler (post 1700)
- Bernard Hendler, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1924 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html