Hardison History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Hardison is a name of ancient Anglo-Saxon origin and comes from a family once having lived in the village of Hardisty Hill located in the parish of Fewston, in the county of Yorkshire. In it's Old English form this place-name was originally Hardolfsty with its origin in the name Hardulf.
Early Origins of the Hardison family
The surname Hardison was first found in Yorkshire, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Early History of the Hardison family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hardison research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1086 and 1379 are included under the topic Early Hardison History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hardison Spelling Variations
The English language only became standardized in the last few centuries; therefore,spelling variations are common among early Anglo-Saxon names. As the form of the English language changed, even the spelling of literate people's names evolved. Hardison has been recorded under many different variations, including Hardisty, Hardesty, Hardistry, Hardest and others.
Early Notables of the Hardison family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hardison Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Hardison is the 2,602nd most popular surname with an estimated 12,435 people with that name. 
Hardison migration to the United States +
For many English families, the political and religious disarray that shrouded England made the far away New World an attractive prospect. On cramped disease-ridden ships, thousands migrated to those British colonies that would eventually become Canada and the United States. Those hardy settlers that survived the journey often went on to make important contributions to the emerging nations in which they landed. Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Hardison or a variant listed above:
Hardison Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- G Hardison, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hardison (post 1700) +
- Ruth Inge Hardison (1914-2016), American sculptor, artist, and photographer, best known for her 1960s busts entitled "Negro Giants in History"
- William David "Dee" Hardison (1956-2018), American NFL football defensive lineman who played from 1978 to 1988
- Marcus Hardison (b. 1992), American football defensive tackle
- Wallace Libby Hardison (1850-1909), American businessman, co-founder of Union Oil
- Kadeem Hardison (b. 1965), American actor, best known for his role as Dwayne Wayne on A Different World
- LaVon Hardison, American swing jazz musician
- Benjamin Hardison (1761-1823), American prisoner sent to Canada during the American Revolution to become a farmer, miller and politician who represented 4th Lincoln and Norfolk in the Legislative Assembly of Upper Canada (1797-1800)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)