Gunnill History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gunnill family
The surname Gunnill was first found in Normandy where "Gunwell, Gonville or Conteville, descended from Herluin, Lord of Conteville by his first marriage, the issue of which, Ralph de Conteville is stated by Orderic Vitalis to have had grants from the Conqueror in England. Accordingly in 1083 he appears holding lands in Somerset, his barony being held in Gloucester, and being held 1086 by his son Fitz-Ralph."  
Important Dates for the Gunnill family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gunnill research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1165, 1172 and 1327 are included under the topic Early Gunnill History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gunnill Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gunnels, Gunnells, Gunnild, Gunild, Gunilt, Gunnild, Gunnilt, Gunnett, Gunnet, Gonnel and many more.
Early Notables of the Gunnill family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gunnill Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gunnill migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gunnill Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Elizabeth Gunnill, who arrived in Maryland in 1661 
- James Gunnill, who landed in Maryland in 1661 
- Robert Gunnill, who arrived in Maryland in 1661 
- ^ The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X)
- ^ Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds., Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)