Growe History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Growe family
The surname Growe was first found in Worcestershire where the family was first referenced in the year 1275 when Margeria Groucok was listed as holding lands in the Subsidy Rolls at that time. William Grucock was listed in the Assize Rolls of Staffordshire in 1312. 
Early History of the Growe family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Growe research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1312, 1455, 1487, 1607, 1689, 1641 and 1712 are included under the topic Early Growe History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Growe Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Growcock, Growcott, Groucott, Groucock, Growcot, Grocot, Grewcot, Grocott, Groocot, Groocott, Grewcott, Grew, Grewe, Grucock, Grucott, Grucot, Groow and many more.
Early Notables of the Growe family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Growe Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Growe migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Growe Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hinderich Growe, aged 33, who landed in Missouri in 1840 
- Theodor Growe, who arrived in St Louis, Missouri in 1850 
- Theodore Growe, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1870 
Related Stories +
- ^ Reaney, P.H and R.M. Wilson, A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)