Greenstreet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Greenstreet family
The surname Greenstreet was first found in Kent
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that county.
Early History of the Greenstreet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Greenstreet research.Another 337 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1430, 1455, 1487, 1510, and 1600 are included under the topic Early Greenstreet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Greenstreet Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Greenstreet, Grenstreet, Creenstreet, Kreenstreet and many more.
Early Notables of the Greenstreet family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Greenstreet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Greenstreet family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
Contemporary Notables of the name Greenstreet (post 1700)
- Steven Greenstreet (b. 1979), American documentary filmmaker, known for the controversial film, 8: The Mormon Proposition
- Sydney Hughes Greenstreet (1879-1954), English actor, best remembered for his role as Kasper Gutman (aka "The Fat Man") in The Maltese Falcon and his roles in Casablanca (1942), and Passage to Marseille (1944)
- Ivor Kobina Greenstreet, Ghanaian politician, flagbearer for the Convention Peoples' Party (CPP) in the 2016 general election
- Lionel Greenstreet (1889-1979), British explorer, first officer of the Endurance (1912), member of the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917), awarded the Polar Medal
- Mark Greenstreet (b. 1960), British actor and director, best known for his role in Trainer (1991-1992)
- Tiffany Greenstreet (b. 1989), American beauty pageant holder, Miss Arkansas USA (2007)
Greenstreet Family Crest Products