Goudreau History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Goudreau family
The surname Goudreau was first found in Gascony (French: Gascogne), an area of southwest France bordering Spain, that was part of the "Province of Guyenne and Gascony" prior to the French Revolution, where this renowned family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Goudreau family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goudreau research. Another 269 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1243, 1612, 1773, 1716, 1780 and 1700 are included under the topic Early Goudreau History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goudreau Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gaudreault, Gaudreau, Gaudrault, Gaudruau, Gaudru, Gaudriault, Gaudriaud, Goudreau, Goudreault, Goudreaux, Goudrault, Goudraux, Goudrot, Coudreau, Coudreaux, Coudraut, Coudrot, Coudrolt, Goudrow and many more.
Early Notables of the Goudreau family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Goudreau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goudreau migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Goudreau Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Madeleine B. Goudreau, aged 19, who immigrated to Chicago, Illinois, in 1919
- Viola Goudreau, aged 35, who settled in Mountain Neck, New Jersey, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Goudreau (post 1700) +
- Barry Goudreau (b. 1951), American musician, one of the original guitarists for the rock band Boston
- Charles E. Goudreau, American politician, Mayor of North Plainfield, New Jersey, 1953-54 
- Albert Goudreau (1887-1962), Canadian politician, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Quebec for Richmond (1935-1939)
- Hector Goudreau (b. 1950), Canadian politician, MLA for Dunvegan-Central Peace (2004-)
Related Stories +