Goodhart History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Goodhart family
The surname Goodhart was first found in Hertforshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when held estates in that shire.
Early History of the Goodhart family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goodhart research. Another 90 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1221, 1455, and 1487 are included under the topic Early Goodhart History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goodhart Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Goodhart, Goodheart, Goodert, Goodart, Gudhart, Gudheart and many more.
Early Notables of the Goodhart family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Goodhart Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goodhart migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Goodhart Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Fred Goodhart, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1761 
- Frederick Goodhart, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1761 
- David Goodhart, who landed in America in 1782 
Goodhart Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J Goodhart, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Goodhart (post 1700) +
- Al Goodhart (1905-1955), American composer
- Arthur Lehman Goodhart KBE, KC (1891-1978), American-born British academic jurist and lawyer
- Rear Admiral Hilary Charles Nicholas "Nick" Goodhart CB FRAeS (1919-2011), English engineer and aviator who invented the mirror-sight deck landing system for aircraft carriers; world champion and record breaker in gliding
- Sir Robert Anthony Gordon Goodhart (b. 1948), 4th Baronet, English peer
- Sir John Gordon Goodhart (1916-1979), 3rd Baronet, English peer
- Sir Ernest Frederic Goodhart (1880-1961), 2nd Baronet, English peer
- Harry Chester Goodhart (1858-1895), English amateur footballer who played for the England National Team in 1883
- William Howard Goodhart QC (1933-2017), Baron Goodhart, a British Liberal Democrat politician
- Brian Goodhart (1913-2003), Australian rules footballer
- Arthur Murray Goodhart (1866-1941), British composer and organist
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)