Goen History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Goen family
The surname Goen was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Liege, a province in Belgium, center of Walloon country. Within this province the notable towns are Liege, the capital city, seat of the great cathedral of St.Lambert destroyed in 1794. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Important Dates for the Goen family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Goen research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1548, 1619, 1682, 1675 and 1680 are included under the topic Early Goen History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Goen Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Goene, Gosne, Goens, Gone, Gonel, Guene, Guenet, Guenot, Gueny, Gohn, Kohn and many more.
Early Notables of the Goen family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Goen Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Goen family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Many settlers were recorded from the mid 17th century onward in the great migration from Europe to the New World.
Contemporary Notables of the name Goen (post 1700)
- Robert Kuehl Goen (b. 1954), American game show emcee
- U. S. Goen, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 1932 
- Janet Goen, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Florida, 2004 
- Clyde Goen, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Indiana, 1944 
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html