Glodek History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Polish surname Glodek is derived from the Polish word "glod," meaning hunger. Glodek was most likely originally a nickname, which then became a surname. In many instances, a patronymic name showing descent was formed by adding a suffix such as "owski," meaning "son of" to the root name.
Early Origins of the Glodek family
The surname Glodek was first found in Wielkopolska (greater Poland,) and was likely also found in the surrounding regions of Silesia, Pomerania, Brandenburg, Galicia & East Prussia. In general, bearers of Glodowski, were affiliated with the Przegonia Clan.The origin of this clan's shield dates back to the reign of King Boleslaw Smialy [1058-1079]. Among early written references to the name was a bearer of Glodowski, recorded in the year 1457, and a member of the Dabrowa Clan.
Early History of the Glodek family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Glodek research. Another 59 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1301, 1682, and 1765 are included under the topic Early Glodek History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Glodek Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Glodowski, Glodecki, Glodkowski, Glodek and others.
Early Notables of the Glodek family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Glodek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Glodek migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Glodek Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Josef Glodek, aged 11, who immigrated to the United States from Nowytarg, Galicia, in 1907
- Franciszek Glodek, aged 4, who immigrated to America from Nowytarg, Galicia, in 1907
- Jozef Glodek, aged 16, who landed in America from Dembno, Galacia, in 1909
- Abram Glodek, aged 20, who landed in America from Naschelsk, Russia, in 1909
- Antoni Glodek, aged 28, who settled in America from Ostrowsko, Galicia, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Glodek (post 1700) +
- Wlodzimierz Glodek (b. 1954), Polish television cinematographer
- Aleksy Glodek (b. 1839), Polish Priest
Related Stories +