Early Origins of the Gingrich family
The surname Gingrich was first found in Poitou, a part of Aquitane, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of the Vienne and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility. They held a family seat from ancient times at La Rochelle.
Early History of the Gingrich family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gingrich research.Another 146 words (10 lines of text) covering the year 1665 is included under the topic Early Gingrich History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gingrich Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gingras, Gingrais, Gingraix, Gaingras, Gaingrais, Gaingrais, Gêngras and many more.
Early Notables of the Gingrich family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gingrich Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gingrich family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: including Charles Gingras, who was married in 1675 in Qué bec city, Joseph Gingras, who arrived with his wife and children in Michigan in 1885; as well as E. Charles Gingras, who was naturalized in Pennsylvania in 1886..
Contemporary Notables of the name Gingrich (post 1700)
- Admiral John Edward Gingrich (1897-1960), American officer in the United States Navy, the first chief of security for the United States Atomic Energy Commission (1947-1949), and as Chief of Naval Material (1953-1954)
- Felix Wilbur Gingrich (1901-1993), American educator, scholar of Biblical Greek and Christian layman
- Arnold Gingrich (1903-1976), American editor and publisher, founder of Esquire magazine in 1933
- Callista Louise Gingrich (b. 1966), American President of Gingrich Productions, wife of Newt Gingrich
- Mauree A. Gingrich (b. 1946), American politician, Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives (2003-)
- Newton Leroy "Newt" Gingrich (b. 1943), American politician, teacher, and author, 58th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives (1995-1999), House Minority Whip (1989-1995), Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Georgia (1979-1999)