Gedeon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gedeon family
The surname Gedeon was first found in Ile-de-France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Paris and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Gedeon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gedeon research. Another 84 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gedeon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gedeon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gedeon, Gedoin, Gedoyn, Geddeon, Gedoyne and many more.
Early Notables of the Gedeon family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gedeon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gedeon migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gedeon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henry Gedeon, who arrived in Louisiana in 1719 
Contemporary Notables of the name Gedeon (post 1700) +
- Gedeon Burkhard (b. 1969), German film and television actor
- Gedeon Dagan (b. 1932), Professor Emeritus of Hydrology, School of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Gedeon P. Proulx, American politician, Delegate to New Hampshire State Constitutional Convention from Manchester 5th Ward, 1948 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html