Gedeon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gedeon family
The surname Gedeon was first found in Ile-de-France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Paris and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Gedeon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gedeon research. Another 84 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gedeon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gedeon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gedeon, Gedoin, Gedoyn, Geddeon, Gedoyne and many more.
Early Notables of the Gedeon family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gedeon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Gedeon migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gedeon Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henry Gedeon, who arrived in Louisiana in 1719 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Gedeon (post 1700) ||+|
- Veronica Gedeon (1917-1937), American model from Long Island City who was murdered on March 28, 1937
- Louis Gedeon (1877-1950), U.S. Army sergeant who received the Medal of Honor on February 4, 1900 for having defended his mortally wounded captain from an overwhelming force of the enemy
- Elmer Joseph "Joe" Gedeon (1893-1941), American Major League Baseball second baseman who played for the Washington Senators, New York Yankees, and St. Louis Browns
- Jean Gedeon, American ballerina, ballet teacher and artistic director of the Pittsburgh Youth Ballet
- Elmer Gedeon (1917-1944), American Major League Baseball player and World War II bomber pilot killed while piloting a B-26 bomber on a mission over France in April 1944
- Benjamin "Ben" Gedeon (b. 1994), American football player
- Sasa Gedeon (b. 1970), Czech film director
- Patrik Gedeon (b. 1975), Czech national team football player
- Ghassan Gedeon -Achi (b. 1993), Lebanese–Canadian alpine skier
- Gedeon Burkhard (b. 1969), German film and television actor
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)