Gearin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Gearin family
The surname Gearin was first found in Cambridgeshire
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the 13th century when they held estates in that shire.
Early History of the Gearin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gearin research.Another 197 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1273, 1270, 1327, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Gearin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gearin Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Gering, Gerring, Gerrin, Gerin, Gearing, Gearin, Geryn, Geryng and many more.
Early Notables of the Gearin family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gearin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Gearin family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
Contemporary Notables of the name Gearin (post 1700)
- Dennis John Gearin (1897-1959), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played for the New York Giants (1923-1924) and Boston Braves (1924)
- John McDermeid Gearin (1851-1930), American politician and attorney, United States Senator from Oregon (1905-1907)
- John McDermeid Gearin (1851-1930), American Democrat politician, Member of Oregon State Legislature; U.S. Senator from Oregon, 1905-07; Defeated, 1906 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Steve Gearin (b. 1958), Australian rugby league footballer who played from 1975 to 1986
Gearin Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html