Gaudry History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gaudry family
The surname Gaudry was first found in Gascony (French: Gascogne), an area of southwest France bordering Spain, that was part of the "Province of Guyenne and Gascony" prior to the French Revolution, where this renown family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Important Dates for the Gaudry family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gaudry research. Another 269 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1243, 1612, 1700, 1716, 1773, and 1780 are included under the topic Early Gaudry History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gaudry Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gaudreault, Gaudreau, Gaudrault, Gaudruau, Gaudru, Gaudriault, Gaudriaud, Goudreau, Goudreault, Goudreaux, Goudrault, Goudraux, Goudrot, Coudreau, Coudreaux, Coudraut, Coudrot, Coudrolt, Goudrow and many more.
Early Notables of the Gaudry family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gaudry Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gaudry migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gaudry Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jenny Gaudry, who landed in New York in 1840 
- Edmond Gaudry, aged 37, who settled in America, in 1894
Gaudry Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Leon Gaudry, aged 11, who settled in America from Cirey, France, in 1904
- Leonie Gaudry, aged 38, who immigrated to the United States from Cirey, France, in 1904
- Yvenne Gaudry, aged 26, who immigrated to America from Paris France, in 1918
- Petty Gaudry, aged 36, who landed in America from Paris, France, in 1919
- Eugene Gaudry, aged 44, who landed in America from Paris, France, in 1919
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Gaudry (post 1700)
- Jean Albert Gaudry (1827-1908), French geologist and palaeontologist, eponym of Mount Gaudry, Antarctica
- Bryce James Gaudry BA, MP (1942-2019), Australian politician, Member of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly for Newcastle (1991-2007)
- Roger Gaudry CC, GOQ (1913-2001), Canadian chemist, former rector of the Université de Montréal
- Neil Gaudry (1937-1999), Canadian politician from Manitoba
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)