Gallet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Gallet family
The surname Gallet was first found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné), a former province in southeastern France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of the Rhône and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles, and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Important Dates for the Gallet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gallet research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 160 and 1609 are included under the topic Early Gallet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gallet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Galet, Gallet, Galey, Gallet, Galley, Galetin, Galletin, Galeton, Galton, Gallette and many more.
Early Notables of the Gallet family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gallet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gallet migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gallet Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ephraim Gallet, who landed in Texas in 1835 
Contemporary Notables of the name Gallet (post 1700)
- Louis Gallet (1835-1898), French writer of operatic libretti, plays, romances, memoirs, pamphlets
- Luciano Gallet (1893-1931), Brazilian composer, conductor and pianist
- Léon Gallet (1832-1899), Swiss watchmaker and philanthropist, patriarch of the Gallet Watch Company
- Anne Gallet, Swiss contemporary harpsichordist and musicologist
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)