on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, German, Spanish
Where did the German Gable family come from? What is the German Gable family crest and coat of arms? When did the Gable family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Gable family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gabel, Gabbel, Gabler, Gabbell, Gabele, Gabels and many more.
First found in Silesia, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gable research. Another 265 words(19 lines of text) covering the years 1416, 1420, 1735, 1715, 1617, 1673 and 1795 are included under the topic Early Gable History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 47 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gable Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gable Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Jno Gable, who landed in Virginia in 1662
Gable Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Conrad Gable, aged 67, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Johan Peter Gable, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
- John Peter Gable, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1773
Gable Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Gable, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1832
Gable Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- John Gable, who landed in Canada in 1831
- William Clark Gable (1901-1960), American film actor, best known for his role as Rhett Butler the epic film Gone with the Wind (1939)
- Jeremy Gable (b. 1982), American playwright
- June Gable (b. 1945), Tony award-nominated American actress
- Carl "C. J." Gable (b. 1987), American NFL football running back for the Denver Broncos
- Christopher Gable CBE (1940-1998), English ballet dancer, choreographer, and actor named a Commander of the British Empire in 1996
- Brian Gable (b. 1949), Canadian editorial cartoonist for The Globe and Mail, and won National Newspaper Awards in 1986, 1995, 2001 and 2005
- Mayflower to the Moon: Herveys & Gables by Donald G. Hervey.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
The Gable Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Gable Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 December 2013 at 00:36.
on orders of $85 or more