Fuselier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Fuselier is generally thought to have been an occupational surname. The origins of the name seem to lie with the Latin element "fusus" which denotes a "small wooden instrument used to spin thread." However, the word "fusil," is the French word for "gun."
Early Origins of the Fuselier family
The surname Fuselier was first found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where this eminent family held a family seat from very early times.
Important Dates for the Fuselier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fuselier research. Another 207 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1455, 1762, 1769, 1770, 1771, and 1772 are included under the topic Early Fuselier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fuselier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fusil, Fusilier, Fuselier and others.
Early Notables of the Fuselier family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fuselier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fuselier migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Fuselier Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Fuselier Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ludger J. Fuselier, aged 24, who settled in New Orleans, La., in 1920
Contemporary Notables of the name Fuselier (post 1700)
- JB Fuselier, American Cajun fiddler and vocalist from Louisiana
- Alfred Fuselier (b. 1848), American early industrialist as well as a deputy sheriff in Southwest Louisiana
Historic Events for the Fuselier family
- J Fuselier, American passenger from USA, who flew aboard American Airlines Flight 191 and died in the crash 
You May Also Like
- ^ Flight 191's Victims - latimes. (Retrieved 2014, April 16) . Retrieved from http://articles.latimes.com/1985-08-04/news/mn-4349_1_fort-lauderdale-area