Friedel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Friedel surname evolved from the popular German personal name Friederich.
Early Origins of the Friedel family
The surname Friedel was first found in East Prussia and Silesia. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Early History of the Friedel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Friedel research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Friedel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Friedel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Freedman, Friedman, Freidman, Fried, Friedemann, Friedland, Fridman, Friedhof and many more.
Early Notables of the Friedel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Friedel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Friedel is the 15,836th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Friedel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Friedel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Dorothea Friedel, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Anna Catharina Friedel, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1753
Friedel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Agnese Friedel, who landed in North America in 1832 
- Barbara Friedel, who arrived in North America in 1832 
- Renedeck Friedel, who landed in North America in 1832 
- Christine Friedel, who arrived in North America in 1832 
- Marg Friedel, who landed in North America in 1832 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Friedel (post 1700) +
- Samuel Nathaniel Friedel (1898-1979), American Democratic Party politician, Member of Maryland State House of Delegates, 1935-39; U.S. Representative from Maryland 7th District, 1953-71 
- Robert Friedel, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Phoenix, Arizona, 1909 
- John C. Friedel, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Maryland, 1896 
- George P. Friedel, American politician, Mayor of Germantown, Tennessee, 1956 
- Samuel Nathaniel Friedel (1898-1979), American Democratic Party politician, U.S. Congressman who represented the 7th congressional district of Maryland (1953 to 1971)
- Bradley Howard "Brad" Friedel (b. 1971), American soccer goalkeeper
- Edmond Friedel (1895-1972), French Polytechnician and mining engineer, founder of BRGM, the French geological survey
- Jacques Friedel (b. 1921), French physicist; son of Edmond Friedel
- Charles Friedel (1832-1899), French chemist, co-discoverer of Friedel-Crafts reaction
- Georges Friedel (1865-1933), French mineralogist and crystallographer, eponym of Friedel's law and Friedel's salt
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html