Frechette History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Frechette family
The surname Frechette was first found in Guyenne where they held a family seat at de Frechet, a village in the Department of Haut Garonne in the arrondisement of Saint-Gaudens.
Early History of the Frechette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Frechette research. Another 54 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Frechette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Frechette Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Frechette, Frechett, Frechete, Frechet, Frechais, Frechaie, Frechay, Frecher, Frechée, Freché, Frechey, Fraichette, Fraichett, Fraichete, Fraichet, Fraichais, Fraichaie, Fraichay, Fraicher, Fraichée, Fraiché, Fraichey, Freschart, Freschet and many more.
Early Notables of the Frechette family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Frechette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Frechette is the 6,919th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name.  However, in Canada, the name Frechette is ranked the 694th most popular surname with an estimated 7,569 people with that name. 
Frechette migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Frechette Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Pierre Frechette, son of Jean and Jacqueline, who married Charlotte Godin, daughter of Élie and Esther, in Sainte-Anne, Quebec on 9th November 1671 
- François Frechette, son of Etienne and Marie, who married Anne Lereau, daughter of Simon and Suzanne, in Sainte-Famille, Quebec on 18th January 1680 
Frechette Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Jacques Frechette, son of Jacques and Louise, who married Marie-Françoise Sarazin, daughter of Nicolas and Catherine, in Charlesbourg, Quebec on 11th January 1706 
- François Frechette, son of François and Anne, who married Marguerite Bergeron, daughter of André and Marguerite, in Saint-Nicolas, Quebec on 16th May 1707 
- Etienne Frechette, son of François and Anne, who married Marie-Anne Lavergne, daughter of Louis and Marie-Anne, in Quebec on 23rd June 1710 
- Jean-Baptiste Frechette, son of François and Anne, who married Ursule Rousseau, daughter of Jacques and Marguerite, in Saint-Nicolas, Quebec on 16th August 1718 
- François Frechette, son of François and Marguerite, who married Marie-Charlotte Hamel, daughter of Jean nad Marie-Anne, in Quebec on 15th August 1734 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Frechette (post 1700) +
- Myles Robert Rene Frechette (1936-2017), American diplomat, United States Ambassador to Cameroon (1983–1987), United States Ambassador to Colombia (1994–1997)
- Mark Frechette (1947-1975), American film actor
- Louis Honoré Frechette (1839-1908), Canadian poet, politician, playwright, and short story writer
- Sylvie Frechette (b. 1967), retired Canadian Olympic synchronized swimmer
- Louise Frechette (b. 1946), former United Nations Deputy Secretary-General
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/surnames/
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 1, Institut Drouin, 1958.