on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French Foshee family come from? What is the French Foshee family crest and coat of arms? When did the Foshee family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Foshee family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Foch, Folch, Fouch, Fouche, Foche, Foulch, Les Foches, Fauch, Foshes, Faush, Faushe, Faulch, Foulsh and many more.
First found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where this illustrious family held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Foshee research. Another 517 words (37 lines of text) covering the years 1040, 1264, and 1667 are included under the topic Early Foshee History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 53 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Foshee Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Foshee Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adolf Foshee, aged 27, who settled in America, in 1902
- Harry Foshee, aged 36, who landed in America, in 1921
- Henry Foshee, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States, in 1921
- Wheeler Foshee, aged 19, who settled in America, in 1922
- Wheeler Foshee, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1922
- Paul Lee Foshee Sr. (b. 1932), American politician who served both houses of the Louisiana State Legislature
- Taryn Foshee (b. 1985), Mississippi beauty queen who won the 2003 Miss Clinton pageant
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Foshee Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Foshee Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2014 at 01:38.
on orders of $85 or more