Florez History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
From the historical and enchanting region of Spain emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Florez family. Originally, the Spanish people were known only by a single name. The process by which hereditary surnames were adopted in Spain is extremely interesting. Surnames evolved during the Middle Ages when people began to assume an extra name to avoid confusion and to further identify themselves. Often they adopted names that were derived from nicknames.
Early Origins of the Florez family
The surname Florez was first found in Asturias, where the Visigothic court took refuge after the Muslim invasion of the peninsula.
Important Dates for the Florez family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Florez research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1128, 1236, 1787, 1789, and 1790 are included under the topic Early Florez History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Florez Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Flórez, Florez, Flores, Flóriz, Floriz, Flóraz, Floraz, Flor, Florán, Floran, Florián and many more.
Early Notables of the Florez family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Rodrigo Flores, who received a grant of land in the Repartimiento de Córdoba; Juan de Flores, fifteenth century novelist; sixteenth century Spanish sculptor and architect Antonio Flórez; Enrique Flórez, eighteenth century Spanish historian; Manuel Antonio Flores, Viceroy of Nueva Granada and Mexico 1787-1789; José Flórez...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Florez Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Florez migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Florez Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Diego Florez, who settled in New Spain in 1548
- Alonso Florez, who settled in Peru in 1576
- Elena Florez, who arrived in Peru in 1592
Florez Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Elena Florez, who arrived in Peru in 1892 
Contemporary Notables of the name Florez (post 1700)
- Elsa O. Florez, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2004, 2008 
- Dean R. Florez, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 
- Julio Flórez, Colombian poet
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html