Floren History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
From the historical and enchanting region of Spain emerged a multitude of noble families, including the distinguished Floren family. Originally, the Spanish people were known only by a single name. The process by which hereditary surnames were adopted in Spain is extremely interesting. Surnames evolved during the Middle Ages when people began to assume an extra name to avoid confusion and to further identify themselves. Often they adopted names that were derived from nicknames.
Early Origins of the Floren family
The surname Floren was first found in Asturias, where the Visigothic court took refuge after the Muslim invasion of the peninsula.
Important Dates for the Floren family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Floren research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1128, 1236, 1787, 1789, and 1790 are included under the topic Early Floren History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Floren Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Flórez, Florez, Flores, Flóriz, Floriz, Flóraz, Floraz, Flor, Florán, Floran, Florián and many more.
Early Notables of the Floren family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Rodrigo Flores, who received a grant of land in the Repartimiento de Córdoba; Juan de Flores, fifteenth century novelist; sixteenth century Spanish sculptor and architect Antonio Flórez; Enrique Flórez, eighteenth century Spanish historian; Manuel Antonio Flores, Viceroy of Nueva Granada and Mexico 1787-1789; José Flórez...
Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Floren Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Floren migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Floren Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Ann Floren, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1727 
Floren Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carl Wilhelm Floren, who settled in America in 1852
- Carl Wilhelm Floren, aged 20, who arrived in America in 1852 
Contemporary Notables of the name Floren (post 1700)
- O. O. Floren, American politician, Member of South Dakota State House of Representatives 34th District, 1937-38 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html