Flippin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Flippin family
The surname Flippin was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and where this illustrious family held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Clermont/Aurillac and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Important Dates for the Flippin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Flippin research. Another 59 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Flippin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Flippin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Flippen, Philipon, Phlipon, Phlipeau, Phlipeaux, Philipet, Phlipet, Flippeau, Flippon and many more.
Early Notables of the Flippin family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Flippin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Flippin family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: John Flippen, who settled in Maryland in 1774.
Contemporary Notables of the name Flippin (post 1700)
- William E. Flippin, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Georgia, 1996 
- Perry W. Flippin, American Democrat politician, Member, Rules Committee, Democratic National Convention, 2008 
- John R. Flippin, American politician, Mayor of Memphis, Tennessee, 1876-79 
- Walter Flippin Maguire, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Kentucky State House of Representatives 83rd District, 1975
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html