The surname Fike and its many variants can be found today in many countries, including England
, Holland, and Ireland
, but its origins lie in the Saxony
region of Germany
. The name was first derived as a diminutive of the first name Friedrich, which was itself derived from the Old High German words "Fridu," meaning "peace," and "Rihhi," meaning "power."
Early Origins of the Fike family
The surname Fike was first found in cities in the Saxony
region, where Fike was first used as a surname. The use of the diminutive as a personal name
was first recorded in Lüneburg, where Ficko de Wesera lived in 1352.
Early History of the Fike family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fike research.Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1560, 1419, 1066, 1419, 1827 and 1896 are included under the topic Early Fike History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fike Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Fike, Feick, Veick, Fick, Ficko, Ficke, Ficka, Vicka, Feck, Fecke, Fix, Ficks and many more.
Early Notables of the Fike family (pre 1700)
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fike Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Fike family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fike Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Friedrich Fike, aged 38, who landed in America, in 1901
- Otto Fike, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Ella M. Fike, aged 31, who immigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Ernest Fike, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1920
- McIrvin Val Fike, aged 20, who settled in America, in 1921
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Fike Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Daniel Fike U.E., "Fyke, Foyke" (b. 1743) from Stone Arabia, New York, USA who settled in Osnabruck [South Stormont], Stormont County, Ontario c. 1784 he enlisted in 1780 served in the Kings Royal Rangers of New York, married to Anna Rupert in 1767 they had 5 children, he died in 1793 CITATION[CLOSE]
Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X
Contemporary Notables of the name Fike (post 1700)
- Merlin Edward Fike (1925-1967), American politician, the 24th Lieutenant Governor of Nevada (1967 to 1971)
- Dan Clement Fike Jr. (b. 1961), former American NFL football offensive lineman
- A.J. Fike (b. 1980), American racecar driver
- Aaron Fike (b. 1982), American former NASCAR and USAC driver
- Stanley Redfield Fike (b. 1913), American politician
- John Fike PhD, Professor of Neurological Surgery, Radiation Oncology, and Radiology at UCSF
Fike Family Crest Products
- ^ Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X