on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Fike family come from? What is the German Fike family crest and coat of arms? When did the Fike family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Fike family history?The surname Fike and its many variants can be found today in many countries, including England, Holland, and Ireland, but its origins lie in the Saxony region of Germany. The name was first derived as a diminutive of the first name Friedrich, which was itself derived from the Old High German words "Fridu," meaning "peace," and "Rihhi," meaning "power."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fike, Feick, Veick, Fick, Ficko, Ficke, Ficka, Vicka, Feck, Fecke, Fix, Ficks and many more.
First found in cities in the Saxony region, where Fike was first used as a surname. The use of the diminutive as a personal name was first recorded in Lüneburg, where Ficko de Wesera lived in 1352.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fike research. Another 213 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 1352, 1560, 1419, 1066, 1419, 1827 and 1896 are included under the topic Early Fike History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 67 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fike Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fike Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Friedrich Fike, aged 38, who landed in America, in 1901
- Otto Fike, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1904
- Ella M. Fike, aged 31, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Ernest Fike, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1920
- McIrvin Val Fike, aged 20, who settled in America, in 1921
Fike Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Daniel Fike U.E., "Fyke, Foyke" (b. 1743) from Stone Arabia, New York, USA who settled in Osnabruck [South Stormont], Stormont County, Ontario c. 1784 he enlisted in 1780 served in the Kings Royal Rangers of New York, married to Anna Rupert in 1767 they had 5 children, he died in 1793
- Merlin Edward Fike (1925-1967), American politician, the 24th Lieutenant Governor of Nevada (1967 to 1971)
- Dan Clement Fike Jr. (b. 1961), former American NFL football offensive lineman
- A.J. Fike (b. 1980), American racecar driver
- Aaron Fike (b. 1982), American former NASCAR and USAC driver
- Stanley Redfield Fike (b. 1913), American politician
- John Fike PhD, Professor of Neurological Surgery, Radiation Oncology, and Radiology at UCSF
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Fike Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Fike Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 November 2015 at 22:14.
on orders of $85 or more