Fers History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fers family
The surname Fers was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dijonnais and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Fers family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fers research. Another 71 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1702 is included under the topic Early Fers History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fers Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Veirs, Vers, Veires, Fers, Fehrs, Feirs, Vehrs, Viers, Veirz, Feirz, Verz, Vair, Vairs, Veurs, Vayers, Vayres, Feuers, Veirz, Veurz and many more.
Early Notables of the Fers family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Fers Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Fers migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fers Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J. Fers, who settled in New Orleans in 1850
- J Fers, aged 24, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1850 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Fers (post 1700) ||+|
- Patricia Fers, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Connecticut, 2008 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html