on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Fernald family come from? What is the French Fernald family crest and coat of arms? When did the Fernald family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Fernald family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Vernet, Verneto, Varnot, Vorne, Verney, Fornet, Forner, Forneret, Fornerat, Vernett, Vernette, Vernay, Fernet and many more.
First found in Ile-de-France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Paris and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fernald research. Another 167 words(12 lines of text) covering the year 1575 is included under the topic Early Fernald History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Fernald Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Fernald Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Reginald Fernald, who arrived in Maine in 1626
- Renald Fernald, who landed in Maine in 1626
Fernald Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Fernald, who arrived in New England in 1701
Fernald Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- S Fernald, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851
- George Fernald, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States from London, in 1892
- Louise Fernald, aged 23, who emigrated to America, in 1896
Fernald Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mrs D M Fernald, aged 57, who landed in America, in 1904
- Frederick Fernald, aged 46, who landed in America, in 1905
- Charles E. Fernald, aged 42, who settled in America, in 1906
- Bessie Fernald, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1907
- Josephine Fernald, who landed in America, in 1908
- Merritt Lyndon Fernald (1873-1950), American botanist
- Anne Fernald, American psychologist
- Bert Manfred Fernald (1858-1926), United States Senator
- Grace Fernald, American Pioneer in Literacy Instruction
- Theodore B. Fernald, American linguist
- Ivan Christiaan Fernald (b. 1955), Suriname politician
- Conrad, Glenn R. The First Families of Louisiana. Baton Rouge LA: Claitor's Publishing, 1970. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The Fernald Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Fernald Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 28 February 2012 at 11:13.
on orders of $85 or more