on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Tuckwell family come from? What is the English Tuckwell family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tuckwell family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tuckwell family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tugwell, Tuckwell, Tuckswell and others.
First found in Somerset where they held a family seat from very ancient times, and believed to be descended from Hugh, a Norman knight, who held from the Norman Baron, Roger Arundel, the lands of Tocheswelle-Willa, an ancient farm and village which became known as Tuxwell.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tuckwell research. Another 259 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Tuckwell History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tuckwell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tuckwell Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jo Tuckwell settled in Georgia in 1735
- John Tuckwell, who landed in Georgia in 1735
Tuckwell Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Thomas Tuckwell arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "New Era" in 1855
- Sarah Tuckwell arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "New Era" in 1855
- Richard Tuckwell arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "New Era" in 1855
- Sir Edward Tuckwell, Surgeon to the Queen
- Barry Emmanuel Tuckwell (b. 1931), Australian conductor and Horn Soloist
- Stephen John Tuckwell GC, British soldier awarded the George Cross for his "great gallantry and undaunted devotion to duty" in bomb disposal work
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
The Tuckwell Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tuckwell Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 2 April 2013 at 00:28.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more