Fayette History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Fayette family
The surname Fayette was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France where this distinguished family held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Fayette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Fayette research. Another 512 words (37 lines of text) covering the years 1293, 1308, 1345, 1401, 1416, 1452, 1482, 1513, 1577, 1583, 1591, 1595, 1603, 1678, 1699, 1717, 1732, 1789, and 1830 are included under the topic Early Fayette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Fayette Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fayet, Fayettes, Fayette, Lafayet, Delafayet, Lafayette, La Fauyet, La Fayets, La Fayettes, De La Fayettes, Des Fayettes and many more.
Early Notables of the Fayette family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was Mathieu Fayet, Treasurer of France at Bordeaux, in 1603; Louise Angélique Motier de la Fayette (1618-1665), French courtier and close friend of King Louis XIII; Marie-Madeleine Pioche de...
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Fayette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Fayette family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jeannot Fayer, aged 28; settled in New York in 1823; William Fayer, aged 44; settled in New York in 1820; Denis Fayet of St. Laurent of Paris married Marie Guilbert and Anne Fayet married René.
Contemporary Notables of the name Fayette (post 1700) +
- Georges Washington de La Fayette (1779-1849), son of Marquis de Lafayette, named in honor of George Washington who he served with in the American Revolution
- Frederick J. Fayette, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Senator from Vermont, 1964 
- Claude Fayette Bragdon (1866-1946), American architect, writer, and stage designer
- Washington Fayette Fulmer (1840-1907), American professional baseball player
- C. Fayette Curtiss, American politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Southington, 1929-30, 1939-40; Defeated, 1932 
- Fayette Morris, American politician, Postmaster at Cavettsville, Pennsylvania, 1852-58
- Fayette Pinkney (1948-2009), American singer
- Fayette J. Flexer (1892-1975), American politician, U.S. Vice Consul in Mexico City, 1925-26; Frontera, 1927; Alvaro Obregón, 1929; U.S. Consul in Santiago, 1939-40; Colombo, 1943; Buenos Aires, 1945-46; Manila, 1947 
- Fayette Bristol, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Oregon, 1960 
- Fayette P. Arnold, American Republican politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly from Walworth County, 1862 
Related Stories +