Favart History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Favart family
The surname Favart was first found in Brittany.
Important Dates for the Favart family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Favart research. Another 23 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1633, 1696, 1715, 1730, 1743, 1749, 1753, 1756, 1795, 1799, 1819, 1829, 1840, and 1850 are included under the topic Early Favart History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Favart Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fauvel, Fauve, Fauveau, Fauvet, Fauvin, Fauville, Fauvette, Fauveliène, Fauvarque, Fauvelet, Fauvelle and many more.
Early Notables of the Favart family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst this name at this time was Pierre Fauveau, born in Nouaillé (Vienne), in the early sixteenth century, who was a poet; Robert Fauvel, lord of Doudeauville, became councillor at the cour-des-comptes of Normandy in 1633; Thomas Fauvel was lord of Langle in 1696; François-Jacques-René Fauveau was a Brigadier in 1715, Lieutenant in 1730, Captain in 1743, and Lieutenant-Colonel in 1749; Louis-François-Sebastien Fauvel was a famous painter in 1753; André-Joseph Fauvel...
Another 71 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Favart Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Favart family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: 25 individuals of the lineage who arrived from France onto Canadian shores between 1600 and 1900. Although most settlers arrived during the nineteenth century, some arrived earlier, such as Jeanne Fauvault, who married in 1669 in Quebec.
Contemporary Notables of the name Favart (post 1700)
- Nicolas Remi Favart d'Herbigny, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Jean-Baptiste Favart, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Charles Simon Favart (1710-1792), French dramatist
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, March 4) Nicolas Favart. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, March 4) Jean-Baptiste Favart. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html