on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Faughnan family come from? What is the Irish Faughnan family crest and coat of arms? When did the Faughnan family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Faughnan family history?The surname Faughnan comes from the Irish Gaelic name O Fachtnain.The name indicates the son of Fachtna, an ancient forename much in favor with the O'Kellys of Ui Maine, with whom it was modernized as Festus.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Faughnan, O'Faughnan, Faughey, O'Faghny and others.
First found in Counties Longford and Leitrim (Irish: Liatroim) anciently the western half of the kingdom of Breifne, located in Northeastern Ireland, in Leinster province.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Faughnan research. Another 71 words(5 lines of text) covering the years 158 and 1588 are included under the topic Early Faughnan History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Faughnan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Faughnan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miles Faughnan was naturalized in New York in 1847
- Francis and Ann Faughnan immigrated to New York in 1849
- Mary Faughnan arrived in New York in 1851
- Michael Faughnan landed in New York in 1851
- John Faughnan immigrated to New York from Leitrim in 1859
- George Faughnan, American actor
- Kathryn Faughnan, American television actress
- Victor R Faughnan, American shark expert and author
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Land Owners in Ireland. Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1203-3).
- MacLysaght, Edward. Irish Families Their Names, Arms and Origins 4th Edition. Dublin: Irish Academic, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-7165-2364-7).
- Johnson, Daniel F. Irish Emigration to New England Through the Port of Saint John, New Brunswick Canada 1841-1849. Baltimore, Maryland: Clearfield, 1996. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1978. Print.
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1970. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Vicars, Sir Arthur. Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Hickey, D.J. and J.E. Doherty. A New Dictionary of Irish History form 1800 2nd Edition. Dublin: Gil & MacMillian, 2003. Print.
The Faughnan Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Faughnan Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 October 2013 at 15:53.
on orders of $85 or more