Faughnan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Faughnan comes from the Irish Gaelic name O Fachtnain.The name indicates the son of Fachtna, an ancient forename much in favor with the O'Kellys of Ui Maine, with whom it was modernized as Festus.
Early Origins of the Faughnan family
The surname Faughnan was first found in Counties Longford and Leitrim (Irish: Liatroim) anciently the western half of the kingdom of Breifne, located in Northeastern Ireland, in Leinster province.
Early History of the Faughnan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Faughnan research. Another 36 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 158 and 1588 are included under the topic Early Faughnan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Faughnan Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Faughnan, O'Faughnan, Faughey, O'Faghny and others.
Early Notables of the Faughnan family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Faughnan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Faughnan migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Faughnan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miles Faughnan was naturalized in New York in 1847
- Francis and Ann Faughnan immigrated to New York in 1849
- Mary Faughnan, who arrived in New York in 1851
- Michael Faughnan, who landed in New York in 1851
- John Faughnan immigrated to New York from Leitrim in 1859
|Contemporary Notables of the name Faughnan (post 1700) ||+|
- Matthew Faughnan, American Emmy Award winning animation director with The Simpsons
- Victor R Faughnan, American shark expert and author
- Kathryn Faughnan, American television actress
- George Faughnan, American actor