on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Irish Faughnan family come from? What is the Irish Faughnan family crest and coat of arms? When did the Faughnan family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Faughnan family history?The surname Faughnan comes from the Irish Gaelic name O Fachtnain.The name indicates the son of Fachtna, an ancient forename much in favor with the O'Kellys of Ui Maine, with whom it was modernized as Festus.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Faughnan, O'Faughnan, Faughey, O'Faghny and others.
First found in Counties Longford and Leitrim (Irish: Liatroim) anciently the western half of the kingdom of Breifne, located in Northeastern Ireland, in Leinster province.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Faughnan research. Another 71 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 158 and 1588 are included under the topic Early Faughnan History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Faughnan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Faughnan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miles Faughnan was naturalized in New York in 1847
- Francis and Ann Faughnan immigrated to New York in 1849
- Mary Faughnan arrived in New York in 1851
- Michael Faughnan landed in New York in 1851
- John Faughnan immigrated to New York from Leitrim in 1859
- Victor R Faughnan, American shark expert and author
- Kathryn Faughnan, American television actress
- George Faughnan, American actor
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1992. Print.
- Somerset Fry, Peter and Fiona Somerset Fry. A History of Ireland. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1993. Print. (ISBN 1-56619-215-3).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of Ireland. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1969. Print.
- Vicars, Sir Arthur. Index to the Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Leyburn, James Graham. The Scotch-Irish A Social History. Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 1962. Print. (ISBN 0807842591).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Harris, Ruth-Ann and B. Emer O'Keefe. The Search for Missing Friends Irish Immigrant Advertisements Placed in the Boston Pilot Volume II 1851-1853. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1991. Print.
- McDonnell, Frances. Emigrants from Ireland to America 1735-1743 A Transcription of the report of the Irish House of Commons into Enforced emigration to America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1331-5).
- Kennedy, Patrick. Kennedy's Book of Arms. Canterbury: Achievements, 1967. Print.
The Faughnan Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Faughnan Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 October 2013 at 15:53.
on orders of $85 or more