Faucheux History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The long and noble heritage behind the name of Faucheux first began in medieval France. While the patronymic and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the name of the father and mother respectively, are the most common form of a hereditary surname in France, occupational surnames also emerged during the late Middle Ages. Many people, such as the Faucheux family, adopted the name of their occupation as their surname. The surname Faucheux was an occupational name for a reaper or mower, or a maker of scythes deriving from the Old French word "fauche," which meant "scythe."
Early Origins of the Faucheux family
The surname Faucheux was first found in Périgord, where this illustrious family held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Faucheux family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Faucheux research. Another 444 words (32 lines of text) covering the years 1399, 1476, 1688, 1594, 1667, 1688, 1711, 1755, 1789, 1800, 1815, 1820, 1644, 1696, 1653 and 1733 are included under the topic Early Faucheux History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Faucheux Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Faucher, Fauché, Fauchet, Foucher, Fauchey, Focher, Foché, Foucher, Fochay, Fouché and many more.
Early Notables of the Faucheux family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Faucheux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Faucheux migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Faucheux Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pierre Faucheux, who landed in America in 1809 
- Mr. Alfred Alexander Faucheux, aged 34, who settled in America, in 1896
Faucheux Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gustave Faucheux, aged 53, who immigrated to the United States from Paris, in 1906
- Gustave Faucheux, aged 60, who landed in America from Orleans, France, in 1913
- Clarisse Faucheux, aged 38, who settled in America from Paris, France, in 1923
- Violet Faucheux, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from London, England, in 1923
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)