Early Origins of the Faliero family
The surname Faliero was first found in Venice
(Italian: Venezia), and seaport occupying one of the most remarkable sites of the world. Centralizing on the Grand Canal the history of the city can be traced through the different styles of architecture Byzantine, Gothic, early Renaissance
and late Renaissance
. It is rich in ancient palaces, churches, libraries, galleries, monuments, statues, treasures and artifacts. Its history is abundant in politics, art, religion, scholarship and conflict. The ducal palace was commenced in 1309. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Faliero family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Faliero research.Another 261 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1084, 1084, 1102, 1354, 1817, 1825 and 1678 are included under the topic Early Faliero History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Faliero Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Faliero, Faliero, Faleri, Falieri, Faleiri, Falghera, Falgheri, Falier and many more.
Early Notables of the Faliero family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Faliero Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Faliero family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Faliero Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Faliero, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Pisticci, in 1904
- Maria Faliero, aged 17, who landed in America from Pisticci, Italy, in 1907
- Gino Faliero, aged 31, who emigrated to the United States from Fragola, Naples, in 1909
- Vito Rocco Faliero, aged 13, who emigrated to the United States from Bernalda, Italy, in 1910
- Michele Faliero, aged 22, who emigrated to America from Listice, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Faliero (post 1700)
- Marino Faliero (1274-1355), the fifty-fifth Doge of Venice, appointed on 11 September 1354